Rotis II Sans
We're a bit late with this news, but it is still worth mentionning that a redesigned version of the Rotis typeface was recently released.
The original version of Rotis was designed by iconic german graphic designer Otl Aicher, who chose to create four basic designs: sans serif, semi sans, semi serif and serif.
The redesigned Rotis was created by Robin Nicholas, a senior designer for Monotype Imaging in the UK, and Alice Savoie, a french freelance designer.
The new Rotis II Sans suite comprises 14 typefaces: seven weights, ranging from extra light to black, each with a companion italic. The designs are available as OpenType® Pro fonts, allowing for automatic insertion of ligatures and fractions. Pro fonts also offer an extended character set supporting most Central European and many Eastern European languages.
The result of this work is available from Fonts.com
. The good news is that it is also available as a webfont.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago