Rotis II Sans
We're a bit late with this news, but it is still worth mentionning that a redesigned version of the Rotis typeface was recently released.
The original version of Rotis was designed by iconic german graphic designer Otl Aicher, who chose to create four basic designs: sans serif, semi sans, semi serif and serif.
The redesigned Rotis was created by Robin Nicholas, a senior designer for Monotype Imaging in the UK, and Alice Savoie, a french freelance designer.
The new Rotis II Sans suite comprises 14 typefaces: seven weights, ranging from extra light to black, each with a companion italic. The designs are available as OpenType® Pro fonts, allowing for automatic insertion of ligatures and fractions. Pro fonts also offer an extended character set supporting most Central European and many Eastern European languages.
The result of this work is available from Fonts.com
. The good news is that it is also available as a webfont.
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button