Proposed Draft UTR #50, Unicode Properties for Vertical Text Layout now available
The Unicode Technical Committee has posted a new issue for public
review and comment. Details are on the following web page:
Review period for the new item closes on October 24, 2011.
Please see the page for links to discussion and relevant documents. Briefly, the new issue is:
PRI #207, Proposed Draft UTR #50, Unicode Properties for Vertical Text Layout
The layout of Japanese text follows different conventions than the layout of Western texts. Many of the requirements are described in the W3C Working Group Note "Requirements for Japanese Text Layout". This new proposed draft technical report describes two Unicode character properties which can be used to implement those requirements.
This is a moderated Public Review Issue. An unmoderated discussion takes place on the designated forum:
The moderator of this PRI will summarize the discussion and provide it as formal feedback to the Unicode Technical Committee. Towards the end of the PRI, formal feedback will also be accepted from other parties, if they feel that the summary does not reflect accurately their concerns.
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About