Customer Spotlight: University of the West of England
When the University of the West of England was founded in 1595 (as the "Bristol Society of Merchant Venturers' Navigation School "), the font selection they had to choose from was quite a bit smaller than it is today, to say the least. However, when it came to their recent website update, they not only had a vast selection to choose from, but they took the opportunity to implement Web fonts.
Because the university's mission is to "make a positive difference to our students, business and society", the university's VAG Rounded™ typeface throughout the navigation elements and headlines on the website. The type's rounded ends make text appear more informal, imparting a friendly appearance, while still maintaining a professional demeanor.
University of the West of England
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?