Agfa rolls out 40 Monotype fonts
Agfa Monotype has released 40 new font products at Fonts.com, a place to preview, buy, and download fonts.Felbridge, Braff, Zemestro, Linex Sans, Mundo Sans, Sweeney, Twentieth Century Poster, Goudy Ornate, and Othello are the typeface families that comprise the new fonts. They're available for both Mac and Windows platforms.Felbridge, by Robin Nicholas, was designed to perform well on the Web and in electronic media, as well as when printed. Braff, from Michael Harvey, was designed for use in setting book jackets. Zemestro is a straightforward sans serif that's meant to be read, according to the font's designer, Dave Farey.Linex Sans, created by Albert Boton, is suitable for both text and display sizes, and includes three weights, with italic counterparts. Mundo Sans is a humanist sans serif text face that Carl Crossgrove designed; it features seven weights. Kathryn Darnell's Sweeney is an italic uncial with Celtic overtones. Twentieth Century Poster, drawn by Steve Matteson, includes a suite of alternative capitals in the lowercase positions for simplifying the creation of custom headlines and display copy.Goudy Ornate is a simple, decorative face designed by Frederic Goudy. Othello was originally released by Monotype in 1928. This "revival" by Crossgrove is a new digital version that includes a variety of characters that were previously unavailable, including small caps, alternate letters, ligatures, and logotype.Complete character sets and sample images can be viewed on the "New Releases" and "Recent Releases" sections of Fonts.com. Each font includes a license for up to five computers and one printer.
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles