Linotype: The Film – A Special Opportunity
We would like to share about a unique opportunity that has been presented to us. We have been given seven 16mm educational films from the Mergenthaler Linotype Company from the 1950s and '60s. They are the original films that were sent out to educate people on how different aspects of the Linotype work.
As far as we know, these are the only remaining films in the world and we want to help preserve them for the next generation. Any money received over our goal will help fund sending these to a telecine where they will be digitized. We hope to put the films up on the internet so many more people can see how the Linotype works.
If you want to play your part in safeguarding this unique portion of typographic history visit our Kickstarter page and pledge whatever you can spare. We have a little over two days to go. Again, we thank you for your support of the film!
:: U P D A T E ::
Because of your generous support, the films are on their way to be professionally digitized. The films were shipped out to a telecine. Thanks to Joshua Gross for helping us preserve these films.
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!