Making Books In The Days Of The Linotype
It's funny how sometimes events coincide. Less than a week after guest editor Linotype: The Film – Final Push, a tweet by Erik Spiekermann led me to Making Books which prominently features the Linotype. This vintage short documentary produced by Encyclopædia Britannica Films Inc. in 1947 explains the process from copy setting to binding. Before DTP and computer-operated machines, setting, printing and binding books was a time-consuming and laborious process. The video shows teams of people toiling away to produce a book, providing a fascinating look at the entire production chain. Like Erik Spiekermann says:
Worth [watching] for the voice-over alone.
I would also like to use this post to remind you that you can still help get Kickstarter goal. However people can still pledge above the goal. Douglas Wilson reassured me any extra funding will also be used directly to help make the film even better, amongst others by adding multi-language sub-titling, improving the DVD packaging, and much more. If you haven't done so already, head over to the Kickstarter page and pledge what you can spare.
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
游客's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体试试能用吗
游客's review on Article Billboard.com这个Billboard.com网站的字体是啥字体
lwhzyn's review on Article HZ-GB-2312系统好像缺少字库，看看能不能下载
游客's review on Article 2017年设计师绝对不能错过的手写字体搭配的挺好看，这些字体是免费商用的么
¤月映丹心∴'s review on Article 毛笔字体进化论怎么下载法？
糖果's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体免费用吗