Typodarium, Your Daily Dose Of Type In 2012
The brand new Typodarium has landed and can be ordered from the Hubert Jocham and Christian Schwartz, editor of French graphic design magazine étapes Michel Chanaud, content-based media specialist Roger Black, and myself. Our opinion was asked to ensure only the best amongst the submitted type designs would make the cut. And although the quality has improved, the price has remained the same.
The formula for Typodarium is unchanged – the front of the decorative yet functional tear-off pages display the day, date and month in a different typeface for each day. Information about each design is featured on the back; a detailed description of how it was created, where the inspiration came from, and where the typeface can be licensed. The calendar comes in a handy box that can be used to collect the torn off pages, allowing you to revisit all the typefaces at your leisure. Typodarium can be set up on your desk or hung from a wall.
Besides being sold via the Slanted website, Typodarium 2012 is distributed in design and museum shops, and selected bookstores around the world.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles