Short Off Book Documentary on Typography
Today PBS posted its second episode of Off Book on its YouTube channel. Off Book: Type is a short documentary produced by Kornhaber Brown focussing on typography. Off Book is a web-only series from PBS Arts that expands the definition of art. Each episode explores a cutting-edge genre that invites the viewer to engage with the artists and creative process.
Type is everywhere. Every print publication, website, movie, advertisement and public message involves the creation or selection of a fitting typeface. Online, a rich and artistic typographical culture exists, where typefaces are created and graphic design seeps in to every image.
In episode 2 of Off Book, typeface designers Jonathan Hoefler and Tobias Frere-Jones outline the importance of selecting the right font to convey a particular feeling. Citing her iconic work with wood type for The Public Theater , graphic designer Paula Scher talks about building identity in messaging. Eddie Opara uses texture to create reaction, by manipulating Fedra through code for UCLA. Infographic designers Julia Vakser and Deroy Peraza map complicated data sets into digestible imagery, mixing color, graphics and type.
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
游客's review on Article Billboard.com这个Billboard.com网站的字体是啥字体
lwhzyn's review on Article HZ-GB-2312系统好像缺少字库，看看能不能下载
游客's review on Article 2017年设计师绝对不能错过的手写字体搭配的挺好看，这些字体是免费商用的么
¤月映丹心∴'s review on Article 毛笔字体进化论怎么下载法？
糖果's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体免费用吗
游客's review on Article 三星发布自主字体SamsungOne：全平台通用哪里可以下载三星字体