FontBook iPad App by FontShop
FontBook, released today by FontShop International, functions like a typographical roadmap, lets users share font specimens to social networks and features over 620,000 typeface samples-equivalent to more than 20 printed FontBooks.
Users of the app can look up and view fonts by name, style category, typographical subclassification, designer name, foundry name, year of publication, or by similarity of design.
Now typophiles can interact with and compare typefaces on-the-go and with the swipe of a finger.
The release of the app comes five years after the fourth edition of the print version and serves as a much more robust typographic research tool.
It will also stay current, as new font releases and editorial cross-references will flow into the app with every update.
"There is no other book format in the world that benefits more from digitization than reference books," commented FontShop Germany CEO Jurgen Siebert.
"Never before has it been possible to provide such an immense amount of information plus samples of the countless thousands of typefaces, and on top of this we can now do it much faster and be more up-to-the-minute than ever."
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis