Lettermpress iPad App: Virtual Letterpress Printing
The timeless art of working with traditional letterpress wood type, art cuts and printing press techniques is being revitalized with the introduction of LetterMpress, a newly released Apple iPad app, sponsored by Neenah Paper.
Lettermpress lets designers of all skill levels experience and create beautiful letterpress designs and prints for invitations, greeting cards, posters and more.
The app brings every step of the traditional letterpress printing process to the iPad screen, from selecting and assembling vintage wood type, and mixing colors, to selecting paper, and hand-cranking the virtual letterpress.
Just for its educational value it literally shows how letterpress works of art can be created and exposes this art form which is good for all letterpress shops.
LetterMpress includes 13 typefaces and dozens of art cuts, which will be continually expanded as the app is updated.
Finished designs can be printed, shared via email, Facebook and other social media, or output to graphics applications for larger design projects.
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!