A Few Good Words for the Good Book
A little over a year has passed since we released the long-awaited Fourth Edition of FontBook and the praise is still pouring in. We chose a few of our favorite quotes for this week's newsletter.
Popular design blog i love typography also celebrated FontBook recently with a review and a contest to place FontBooks in the hands of famous movie characters. We were simultaneously amused and frightened. We promise this silliness was not organized or produced by FontShop … but we strongly encourage it.
Finally, a short film by i love typography editor and FontBook fan, John Boardley:
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp