Dan Rhatigan Joins our Custom Type Development Team
We've just kicked it up a notch here at Monotype Imaging. Dan Rhatigan, a talented and seasoned type designer, has joined our type development team.
Dan has worked for the past two years as part of our Knowledge Transfer Partnership with the University of Reading in the UK, researching Indic type development with the Monotype Imaging type team. In his new role, Dan will undertake custom design in addition to library development projects.
Dan's expertise extends to non-Latin (Indic, Georgian, Greek) type design. He also has a keen eye for typographic subtleties, including nuances that shape exceptionally clear reading experiences.
Previously, Dan worked as a designer and typographer in Boston and New York for 15 years before going to the UK for the MA Typeface Design course at the University of Reading. He also lectures on typography and branding. Dan recently spoke at the Future of Web Design conference in London and is part of the Brand Perfect Tour, leading a workshop titled, "Web Fonts: Type Choice & Type Use."
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!