Dan Rhatigan Joins our Custom Type Development Team
We've just kicked it up a notch here at Monotype Imaging. Dan Rhatigan, a talented and seasoned type designer, has joined our type development team.
Dan has worked for the past two years as part of our Knowledge Transfer Partnership with the University of Reading in the UK, researching Indic type development with the Monotype Imaging type team. In his new role, Dan will undertake custom design in addition to library development projects.
Dan's expertise extends to non-Latin (Indic, Georgian, Greek) type design. He also has a keen eye for typographic subtleties, including nuances that shape exceptionally clear reading experiences.
Previously, Dan worked as a designer and typographer in Boston and New York for 15 years before going to the UK for the MA Typeface Design course at the University of Reading. He also lectures on typography and branding. Dan recently spoke at the Future of Web Design conference in London and is part of the Brand Perfect Tour, leading a workshop titled, "Web Fonts: Type Choice & Type Use."
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"