The Web Font Awards: A Look Back and a Look Ahead
Last year we brought you the Web Font Awards – the design competition for sites using Web fonts. The competition received just under 200 submissions and culminated in a live ceremony at Future of Web Design New York where a panel of judges selected three winners. The competition provided our first glimpses of Web fonts in use and a preview of what the Web will look like tomorrow. Not even a year later, Web fonts have gone from an emerging technology to a critical design tool relied upon by major brands. We also see Web font adoption as a driving force behind a heightened typographic sensitivity on the part of today's Web designers. Take a look at this video for a quick look back at the 2010 Web Font Awards and a peak of what's to come from this empowering technology and the 2011 competition.
Johnathan Zsittnik is the eCommerce Marketing Manager at Monotype Imaging. Johnathan holds both a bachelor's degree in marketing and a master's degree in business administration from Bentley University.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle