If you missed the newsletter, this month's FontFont release was one of FontShop's most exciting in years: FF Meta Serif. Yves Peters wrote an excellent piece for FontShop Benelux on the new typeface. The article, with quotes from the creators — Spiekermann (the old master), Schwartz (the new master), and Sowersby (the impressive newcomer) — is a rare look into the process of collaborative type design.
The blogosphere is buzzing about FF Meta Serif. You can find a rundown of coverage on Spiekermann's own journal.
Update:FF Meta Serif is the current Featured Face on the popular forum Typophile, gracing the dynamic homepage background and all topic titles.
See also: The History of FF Meta
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars