If you missed the newsletter, this month's FontFont release was one of FontShop's most exciting in years: FF Meta Serif. Yves Peters wrote an excellent piece for FontShop Benelux on the new typeface. The article, with quotes from the creators — Spiekermann (the old master), Schwartz (the new master), and Sowersby (the impressive newcomer) — is a rare look into the process of collaborative type design.
The blogosphere is buzzing about FF Meta Serif. You can find a rundown of coverage on Spiekermann's own journal.
Update:FF Meta Serif is the current Featured Face on the popular forum Typophile, gracing the dynamic homepage background and all topic titles.
See also: The History of FF Meta
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2