Studio Profile: The Decoder Ring
This is the first in a series of studio profiles featuring those who were published in Print magazine's Regional Design Annual.The Decoder Ring Design Concern is an Austin, Texas based design partnership founded in 2004 with roots in music and retail identity, design and promotion. They received multiple honors in Print's annual, twice for their poster work. Our favorite is a promotional poster for the indie pop band The Hold Steady uses the luscious Milk Script from Sudtipos.
The other band poster, appropriately supporting The Decemberists' album "The Crane Wife", doubles as a giant origami crane. Arthur Baker's Visigoth font lends just the right kind of Asian calligraphic tone.
The Decoder Ring does more than poster work. Their logo for this year's SXSW conference is instantly recognizable. The bold, stencilesque letters look like a simple, but effective reworking of Braggadocio. The bulky slab, Dynamo, supports the logotype well.
One piece that didn't make it in the Annual is probably the designers' largest project to date (physically, that is). While employed at McGarrah-Jessee Advertising, members of The Decoder Ring were asked to create the logo for Whataburger Field in Corpus Christi, Texas. "During the development process, it became apparent that the smart approach was to first create a sign for the field, and then build the logo around it." The logo is anchored by a sturdy sans serif with a foot in the pre-War past: Cyrus Highsmith's Stainless.
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
游客's review on Article 免费商用中文字体有哪些？注意下，新蒂字体已不能商用。
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。