Adobe updates font bundle
Adobe has announced Font Folio 11, which contains more than 2,300 fonts from the Adobe Type Library in OpenType format. Font Folio 11 provides enhanced linguistic support, advanced typographic features, and cross-platform compatibility.
Natively supported across Mac OS X, Windows Vista and Windows XP, and based on the recent revision and update of the Adobe Type Library, Font Folio 11 includes 176 new fonts. The package also includes award-winning Adobe Originals typefaces--one-of-a-kind designs and classic revivals created by expert type designers at Adobe.
The Opticals packages that provide four or more separate designs for each font, each optimised for a different range of point sizes, from tiny text for footnotes to large type for headlines. Many of the OpenType fonts in Adobe Font Folio 11 contain an expanded glyph set and advanced typographic features, providing designers with the ability to enhance their compositions with typographic extras such as swashes, small caps, and old-style figures.
The OpenType format displays and prints fonts seamlessly on Macs and PCs and can be used alongside existing font formats in all documents. The OpenType features of Adobe InDesign(r) CS3 also take advantage of extended features of many of the fonts in Font Folio 11. In addition, printers can easily publish multilingual documents with Font Folio 11 Unicode support, including Central and Eastern European languages, as well as Japanese, Greek, and Cyrillic.
A standard 20-computer license will be available for $8,999 (£4,465). Upgrade pricing, from Font Folio versions 8 or 9 or Font Folio OpenType Edition, is available starting at $1,599 (£795). Adobe is also releasing a special 5-computer license of Font Folio OpenType Edition for smaller design workplaces that is available for $2,599 (£1,290).
Official UK pricing will be announced tomorrow.
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck