Two Free Harmonia Sans Fonts
"I would describe the Harmonia Sans™ typeface as a contemporary approach to the geometric sans genre," says type designer Jim Wasco about his most recent release. "The family contains a broad range of weights, widths, and language support, which makes it an excellent solution for just about any design project."
Indeed, many of the sales of the typeface, made available just a few months ago, have been for the complete family. As a special offer endorsed by Wasco, two fonts from the Harmonia Sans family will be given away in the month of March with any purchase of fonts from Fonts.com.
Traditionally, Fonts.com has given away a free font with purchases – but never two fonts, and never fonts from a brand new design. This is a pretty special gift of a very special typeface. With the purchase of any other fonts, semi bold and semi bold Italic OpenType™ fonts of the Harmonia Sans family will be automatically added – at no charge – to your shopping cart.
The complete Harmonia Sans family includes a total of 17 typefaces. Each of the five weights‚ ranging from light to black‚ has a companion cursive Italic. In addition‚ Wasco has drawn condensed designs for the regular‚ semi bold and bold weights. He has also designed four monospaced faces. The proportional weights are available as a suite of OpenType Pro fonts‚ allowing for the automatic insertion of old style figures‚ arbitrary fractions‚ tabular figures‚ proportional figures‚ discretionary ligatures and stylistic alternates. OpenType Pro fonts also offer an extended character set supporting most Central European and many Eastern European languages.
Allan Haley is Director of Words & Letters at Monotype Imaging. Here he is responsible for strategic planning and creative implementation of just about everything related to typeface designs.
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?