Typodarium 2012 – Call for Entries
After the success stories of the 2009, 2010 and 2011 editions, Magma Brand Design/Slanted are happy to announce the upcoming Typodarium 2012. Typodarium 2012 is your daily dose of typography in the form of a tear-off calendar, just like the one our grandma used to hang in the kitchen. In lieu of stupid jokes or corny proverbs, this calendar unveils another new type design every day. This gives you all year long the opportunity to broaden your typographic knowledge, to discover each typeface's history and background, to own a new piece of typographic art every day.
If you are a type designer or a foundry, you are invited to contribute to the upcoming Typodarium 2012. Just like in the previous editions your type design will be displayed prominently on the front of each tear-off page. The back will feature all the information about the design; a detailed description of how it was created, where the inspiration came from, and where the typeface can be licensed. So make sure you have an interesting story to tell about your typeface!
You have the opportunity to book a maximum of two favourite days in advance. The sooner you do so, the more choice you'll have. If you are interested in collaborating in this time-sensitive project – the deadline for entries is March 21, 2011 – please go to the Typodarium website for the call for entries. Contributing is free of charge.
Typodarium 2012 will be distributed in design and museum shops and selected book stores worldwide.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font