Tony de Marco Reveals An Ad-less São Paulo
In Font 006, Tony de Marco clears away the clutter to reveal São Paulo's ban on advertising. His photographs tell the story of what remained earlier this year when Brazil's economic capital enacted new "clean city" legislation that outlawed all forms of outdoor advertising.
Here are some of de Marco's remarkable shots that couldn't make it into the print version of Font 006. See more in his personal gallery.
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars