SVA Masters Workshop: Design History, Theory and Practice in Venice and Rome
Studying graphic design and typography this summer in Venice and Rome-the birthplace of Western typographic tradition-is a not-to-be-missed experience.
The program, now in its third season, is a unique way to learn about type, book and lettering design, as well as architecture, art, archeology and even Italian cuisine.
Study with some of the best typographers in Italy. Visit the Trajan Column and the Pantheon, and partake in exclusive visits to the Roman and Imperial Forums. Examine the inscriptions on Roman structures that have long been accepted as a typographic ideal.
This intensive hands-on workshop in design history, theory and practice allows participants to research and analyze the roots of typography, draw type and letters from the classic models while practicing contemporary design along with a faculty of Italian and American designers, historians and publishers.
Taught by leading design professionals, this workshop emphasizes the multidisciplinary and entrepreneurial nature of contemporary design.
In addition, collaborations with noted Italian design organizations and media businesses result in unique (and potentially publishable) print and Web projects.
Join Steven Heller, Lita Talarico and Louise Fili, as well as an illustrious Italian faculty in Venice from June 5-12 and Rome June 13-19.
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy