Go, Stop, Slow, Eat-How Typography Influences Behavior: Call for Contributions
Renowned authors Steven Heller and Mirko Ilic are seeking contributions for an upcoming book titled Go, Stop, Slow, Eat: How Typography Influences Behavior from Rockport Publishers.
The thesis, as indicated by the title, is that words set in certain typefaces and composed in certain ways against certain colours and hues have the power to move us, direct us, inspire us and otherwise influence our actions.
The work can be executed in any character, such as Arabic, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, etc. If submitting works done in a non-English language, please also include an accurate translation of what is written on the piece(s).
Deadline for submission is January 21, 2011.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover