London Tube map cover gets fresh redesign
Artist Liam Gillick has created a new design that graces the front cover of London Underground (LU)'s new pocket Tube map.
Gillick, who was shortlisted for the Turner Prize in 2002, was commissioned by Platform for Art, the art programme for the LU. His design is entitled 'The Day Before' (You Know What They'll Call It? They'll Call it the Tube) is written in 12 different sets of colourful letters to symbolize the 12 lines which make up the Tube network. The design shows the words of the date of the last day in London without London's famous Underground network: Friday 9 January 1863. London Underground commenced services the following day on 10 January 1863 between Paddington and Farringdon.
Gillick was shortlisted in 2002 for the Turner prize in recognition of his solo exhibition 'The Wood Way' at the
Whitechapel Art Gallery and for his outdoor installation 'Annlee You Proposes' at Tate Britain. In 2003, he received a joint
commission from Platform for Art and Frieze Art Fair to create a set of posters that were displayed at Great Portland
Street Tube station. These had strong single colours and text in simple typography.
Previous Pocket Tube map covers have been designed by famous artists such as Yinka Shonibare, Emma Kay and David Shrigley.
The new design which is now available for free from Tube stations, will be the front cover for the pocket Tube map in the
first part of 2007. Each year, London Underground distributes 15 million copies of this map to passengers.
All Tube map covers are available as large format posters from the London Transport Museum shop or by contacting
Platform for Art directly.
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
游客's review on Article 免费商用中文字体有哪些？注意下，新蒂字体已不能商用。
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。