Shaping Text: Type, Typography and the Reader
Shaping Text takes a practical and broad approach to typography.
It is aimed at design students and graphic designers, and also at those who are concerned with content: writers, editors, and publishers.
Showing a wide range of examples from first-rate designers across the world, the book examines why and how typographic designs work well in a given context.
Particular attention is given to the team play between the text itself-written language-and the design-the shaping of the text-to form a new, multilevel visual message with a complex content.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis