Gourmet Typography: a Workshop with Ilene Strizver
AIGA Philadelphia and Ilene Strizver announced Gourmet Typography, a one-day workshop being held Friday, October 8th, at Moore College of Art and Design.
The Gourmet Typography workshop is organized in two sessions. The morning session, 9am-12pm, teaches the fundamental typographic skills and aesthetics necessary for every designer.
Learn to see and understand type and type designs like you've never seen before with a stimulating hands-on exercise, what makes a good typeface, the most common type crimes, and getting the most out of your software (typographically speaking).
The afternoon session, 1pm-4pm, teaches the advanced typographic skills and aesthetics every designer needs to know.
Learn the hidden secrets of OpenType fonts, how to fine-tune your type, tracking, word spacing tips and tricks, as well as mastering custom kerning. Take control of your type instead of letting it control you!
Founder of The Type Studio, Ilene Strizver is a typographic consultant, designer, writer and educator specializing in all aspect of visual communication, from the aesthetic to the technical.
Ilene formerly was the Director of Typeface Development for International Typeface Corporation (ITC) where she developed more than 300 notable text and display typefaces.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover