Designers And Their Former Careers
A typeface designer doesn't necessarily need to start out as one – to become one. A number of exceptional type designers had other plans before embarking on careers in the typographic arts. Communication Arts magazine just published an article I wrote about five young typeface designers who began their careers in other areas.
In addition to learning a little about how five designers began their careers, the article also shows some of their most recent typefaces. All are very cool designs.
If you do not have a subscription or want to purchase the issue (CA is a pretty pricey – but well worth it – magazine), you can read the article online at the following link.
Allan Haley is Director of Words & Letters at Monotype Imaging. Here he is responsible for strategic planning and creative implementation of just about everything related to typeface designs.
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars