Communication Arts Competition
Communication Arts, an important U.S. graphic design magazine, will be hosting its inaugural juried competition that celebrates the best use of typography as the primary visual element in design and advertising, plus new typeface designs, calligraphy and handlettering. Jurors include Stephen Coles, type director at the FontShop and editor of Typographica; Allan Haley, director of Words & Letters at Monotype Imaging and past president of the New York Type Directors Club; and Ellen Lupton, designer, curator, critic and author.
The selected entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts Typography Annual and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work. If you are a typographer, graphic/Web designer or especially if you are a type designer, lettering artist or calligrapher, you might want to consider entering this competition. The selected entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts Typography Annual and on the magazine's Web site, commarts.com. This will assure important exposure to those who might take advantage of your services or license your fonts.
Allan Haley is Director of Words & Letters at Monotype Imaging. Here he is responsible for strategic planning and creative implementation of just about everything related to typeface designs.
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button