D&AD Student Awards 2010 winners announced
This winners of this year's D&AD Student Awards have been announced at a ceremony in Spitalfields Market, in East London. Top gong went to a team from Kingston University, who picked up the Student of the Year awards for a colourwheel-themed catalogue for IKEA.
Jessica Reynolds and Serena Wise upended the traditional 'by-trend' approach to the IKEA catalogue to allow viewers to pick by colour, and uses swatches to try different colour combinations.
"Like the original concept of flat pack brand Ikea, the colourwheel idea was brilliant by simply and boldly challenging the conventions of the day," said D&AD Education chairman, Greg Quinton. "Organising the site by colour and product not only creates an elegant navigation system but makes the product the hero. It helps with cross selling and importantly brings back multi-pack of fun to the brand."
Across the board, 13 First Prizes, 28 Second Prizes and 44 Commendations were awarded to students from Europe, Asia and North America. Here's our pick of the winners.
First: Chris Howker from Stockport College
Second: Chris Arrowsmith from University of Central Lancashire
First: Tim Keay from the University of Northampton
Second: Michael Tierney from Hull School of Art & Design
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
游客's review on Article 免费商用中文字体有哪些？注意下，新蒂字体已不能商用。
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。