TypeCon2006: The Boston T Party
FontShop is a proud sponsor of TypeCon, the annual conference of typography. This year's event is in Boston, August 9-13.
You may notice my name on the program as part of a panel on OS X Font Management. I welcome you to come and hurl questions at representatives from Apple and the leading font managers.
If learning how to wrangle your fonts on the Mac doesn't tickle your tilde, there are plenty of other workshops, tours, and lectures from big names like David Berlow, Matthew Carter, James Craig, Kit Hinrichs, Paul Shaw, Clif Stoltze, and Robin Williams to benefit designers and typophiles alike.
Register now, it's one of the least expensive design conferences and space is filling up.
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign