FontCast #11 — Jim Parkinson, Part 2
In the second half of our interview with Jim (view part one here) we take a deeper look at his work, including the Rolling Stone 20th Anniversary cover and logos for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus and Newsweek. Jim talks about the difference between designing a logotype and a typeface and we get a glimpse at his plans for the future.
But first, legendary magazine and newspaper designer Roger Black, who has been working with Jim longer than nearly anyone, did us the service of offering an introduction to FontCast #11. Roger tells the story of meeting Jim in 1976 at Rolling Stone where he created the typeface that would later become Parkinson — "a sort of Nicolas Jenson on acid."
Click here to watch the Roger Black video or simply push play below.
And now part two of our two part series. Jim Parkinson offered us unfettered access to his home and archives, the result we think is a wonderfully candid meditation on his career and future. We hope you enjoy the product as much as we enjoyed creating it.
Click here to watch the FontCast or simply push play below.
FontCast is FontShop's video podcast featuring the most interesting figures in typography and design. Subscribe in iTunes or watch individual episodes on Vimeo and YouTube.
For more on Jim Parkinson don't forget to visit his website, view his font catalogue at FontShop.com, and take a look at our gallery of stills from our interview with Jim.
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
游客's review on Article 免费商用中文字体有哪些？注意下，新蒂字体已不能商用。
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。