The House of Caslon: Come and Join The Lunatics*
Following the success of Baskerville: The Animated Movie, Type is once again collaborating with the Birmingham Institute of Art & Design at Birmingham City University on the production of a new project: The House of Caslon. This is a short animation about the life, work and influences of another of the region's typographic alumni: William Calson I, who was born in Cradley in 1692.
Production on the animation has now commenced and type is looking for typographers, lettering artists, calligraphers, cartoonists, illustrators, musicians and any other creatives who would like to participate in a day of filming. Artists will be recorded whilst creating work of their choosing which has been produced in celebration of Caslon the man or the typeface.
* Caslon started monthly concerts from his home, which, for the convenience of this friends that they might walk home safely when the performance was over, were on that Thursday in the month which was nearest the full moon; from which circumstance his guests were wont humorously to call themselves lunatics.
Men at work in the Caslon foundry
Filming is scheduled for Wednesday 21 April 2010, and will take place
Birmingham Institute of Art & Design
Birmingham B4 7DX.
The day will commence at 10:00 am.
If you are unable to make the event, don't worry. You can still take part in the project by sending us your contributions either by post or email. If you would like to join in the fun and see your work on the silver screen, or if you would like more information on how to take part then please contact either Caroline Archer or David Osbaldestin.
Type's previous animated project: Baskerville, The Animated Movie
You can be kept right up-to-date with Type news by following
@typetweets on Twitter.
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
游客's review on Article 免费商用中文字体有哪些？注意下，新蒂字体已不能商用。
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。