[Unicode Announcement] Public Review Issue: IVD Submission, PRI #167
The Unicode Consortium has posted a new issue for public review and
comment. Details are on the following web page:
Review periods for the new items close on June 26, 2010.
Please see the page for links to discussion and relevant documents.
Briefly, the new issue is:
PRI #167 Ideographic Variation Database Submission
The Ideographic Variation Database provides a registry for collections
of unique variation sequences containing unified ideographs, allowing
for standardized interchange according to UTS #37, Ideographic Variation
Database. A submission to the Ideographic Variation Database has been
received for: "Combined registration of the Hanyo-Densi collection and
of sequences in that collection". Details are in the background document.
Reviewers are encouraged to comment on any aspect of the submissions,
but more particularly on:
* whether the intent of a proposed collection is appropriately described
* whether the glyphic subset corresponding to a proposed sequence is
indeed a glyphic subset of the base character for the sequence
* whether the proposed sequences are congruent with the scope of their
collection, or whether a new collection may be more appropriate
If you have comments for official consideration, please post them by
submitting your comments through our feedback & reporting page:
If you wish to discuss issues on the Unicode mail list, then please use
the following link to subscribe (if necessary). Please be aware that
discussion comments on the Unicode mail list are not automatically
recorded as input to the IVD registrar. You must use the reporting link
above to generate comments for official consideration.
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?