Typodarium 2011 – Call For Entries
typographic tear-off calendar, is gearing up for next year's edition. The previous two editions have been a tremendous success. Lars Harmsen of MAGMA Brand Design GmbH & Co.KG, and Raban Ruddigkeit of ruddigkeit corporate ideas, the publishers of Typodarium, would like to invite you to contribute to the Typodarium 2011. Just like in the first (2009) and second (2010) Typodarium, each of the 365 featured typefaces will be prominently displayed on the front calender sheet. The back there will hold a concise background of each typeface: a description of how the design originated, what was the inspiration and so on, as well as information about where it can be obtained.
Type designers and foundries alike have the opportunity to book a maximum of seven favourite days in advance. The sooner you do so, the more choices will still be available to present your type designs. If you are interested in contributing to this unique, time-sensitive project please go to the website for the call for entries.The deadline for submissions is April 1, 2010.
Typodarium 2011 will be distributed in design and museum shops, and selected bookstores around the world.
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger