Font tips: Printing type samples
When choosing a typeface to use for a project, there is no replacement for a printed type specimen. Fonts just look different when you see them in print, compared to how they look on screen. So, when you need to choose fonts for a print project, it's smart to have a type specimen book handy that shows exactly how all your fonts look on the page.
Clever developers have come up with several useful utilities for printing font specimen pages--not only for active fonts, but also for folders full of fonts you haven't yet installed. Some of these utilities are free, but the best ones will set you back a few bucks.
Let's start with the Font Book utility that comes with Mac OS X. It can print useful type specimen pages in three different layouts, but only for the fonts the user installed via Font Book. (If you use a third-party font management utility such as Suitcase Fusion 2, FontAgent Pro or FontExplorer X Pro, the fonts you've activated in those utilities will not show up in Font Book.)
If necessary, you can temporarily activate the fonts you need to print by choosing File>Add Fonts..., then deactivate them after you've created your font specimen pages. (Deactivating them after you print is especially important if you do use one of the third-party font managers.)
Here's how to use Font Book to print type specimen pages:
1. Highlight the fonts you want to include from the list of fonts in Font Book. To select all the fonts press Command-A or Edit->Select All. To select all the fonts in a Collection, highlight the name of the Collection and then press Command-A. To select individual fonts to print, hold down the Command key while clicking on each choice. To select a group of fonts in a row, select the first one and then hold down the Shift key while clicking on the final font you want.
2. Choose File->Print and, if necessary, click on the triangle next to the name of your printer to see Font Book's printing options.
3. With Font Book selected in the Print Options pop-up menu, choose one of the three types of reports from the Report Type pop-up menu.
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
游客's review on Article 免费商用中文字体有哪些？注意下，新蒂字体已不能商用。
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。