Degree Show: Central Saint Martins
One of the most anticipated design degree show, Central Saint Martins' yearly event enjoys a reputation for showcasing the talents of a new generation of leading designers and artists.
Previous shows have attracted up to 25,000 visitors, many of which are keen to recruit the college's emerging talent. And this year's show promises to be no exception.
Kicking off on June 21, 2006 at Back Hill, Farringdon, London, Central Saint Martins BA (Hons) Graphic Design Degree Show presents graduate work across a range of subjects including animation, typography, advertising, photography, audio-visual, illustration, printmaking and multimedia.
Commercial work already completed by the students will be on display including work for Lippa Pearce, Greenpeace, Nike, Topshop, Bombay Sapphire, Snappy Snaps, Tank magazine, The Ecologist, VH 1, Billy Elliot The Musical and Hennessy Cognac.
This year's degree show has been organized by the students themselves, who have hosted a taster show each month leading up to the main event. Shows have been held at St Brides Printing Library, Westbourne Studios, and the Harvey Nichols restaurant at the OXO Tower.
The focus of this year's show is an exploration of exhibition process itself. The students' catalogue intends to be a design experiment displaying the highs and lows of putting together exhibitions and, by hosting design work within the context of an art gallery space, asks the viewers to regard design work in a new way.
For more information visit www.csm.arts.ac.uk/csm_degree_show.htm
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars