FontCast #9 — TypeTogether
José Scaglione and Veronika Burian met in 2006 at the University of Reading in the UK and formed a small collaborative foundry that would become TypeTogether. Their name is fitting, given that the partners continue to work closely together despite a substantial geographical divide (Argentina and Prague). In its few short years of existence, the partnership has already yielded some very successful typeface releases (such as Bree, Ronnia, Adelle) and TypeTogether has become a household name among editorial designers. FontShop is proud to offer fonts from TypeTogether. I had a chance to ask them more about their recent rise to fame in Mexico City at ATypI's Typ09 conference.
Click here to watch the FontCast or simply push play below.
FontCast is FontShop's video podcast featuring the most interesting figures in typography and design. Subscribe in iTunes or watch individual episodes on Vimeo and YouTube.
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?