DEADLINE APPROACHING: D&AD Awards 2010
The deadline for entries to the D&AD Awards is in one week's time (January 27). The awards--which recognise creativity across a broad range of categories, from digital to product design--offer creatives the chance to win a prestigious Yellow Pencil; every year a couple of Black Pencils are also given out to the finest of the year's work.
Creatives have until January 27, 2010 to submit work; there's an 'early-bird' discount on entry fees for all work entered before November 18. To qualify for the awards, work must have been commercially released in 2009 in response to a genuine client brief and approved and paid for by the client.
The full rules for entry are here.
The jury foremen have been announced, too, and include Brian Cairns in illustration, Michael Bierut of Pentagram in graphic design, Rei Inamato of AKQA in digital, Ben Casey of The Chase Manchester in branding, and Michael Johnson of Johnson Banks in typography.
"It's always difficult to choose a Pencil. It's equally difficult choosing the Foremen. But we've done it,' said D&AD President Paul Brazier. "These foremen are more than qualified to do this job. They are specialists in their chosen field and will be tough enough to make sure that work gets judged with the utmost integrity."
He continued, "Sometimes it's easy for judges to be conservative and not give an award. It's often braver to stick your neck out and reward something challenging, fresh or new. These foremen are the very first steps to shaping the 2010 Awards."
Judging takes place from 19-22 April in London. The winners will be announced in June.
Visit awards.dandad.org/2010 for further information and to enter.
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art