DEADLINE APPROACHING: ABC Dimensional book
Fl@33's designers Agathe Jacquillat and Tomi Vollauschek." />'s designers Agathe Jacquillat and Tomi Vollauschek.
The book follows [email protected]'s successful Made & Sold book, which celebrates designers' self-initiated projects, and Postcard, which celebrated designer-created postcards. ABC Dimensional will explore three-dimensional letterforms, and [email protected] is seeking submissions from as broad a range of creatives as possible.
Agathe Jacquillat and Tomi Vollauschek also run online design boutique Stereohype.
Launching the call for entries, [email protected] said: "An amazing amount of innovative, playful and inspirational projects are continuously being produced by emerging and established talents from around the world and the latest book by [email protected] – provisionally entitled ABC Dimensional – will document the best of the best."
Click here to win a BlackBerry Curve 8520 with Digital Arts' BlackBerry Advisor. Plus: hands on with a virtual BlackBerry Storm2.
Creatives have until January 6 2010 to submit their work--whether this is found objects, sculptural pieces that have then been photographed, lighting effects, handmade letters, or any other form of three-dimensional lettering.
The studio anticipates that the book will be published in spring 2011.
Individuals or studios can enter commercial or experimental projects, or even projects that were conceptualised but never fully made. For full entry guidelines, visit the Stereohype website.
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About