Hoefler & Frere-Jones' Talk "Better Living Through Typography" Added To TYPO Berlin VideoBlog
Hot on the heels of last week's announcement, Matthew Carter's TYPO Berlin 2004 presentation "Truth To Materials" is joined on the TYPO Berlin VideoBlog by Jonathan Hoefler & Tobias Frere-Jones' presentation "Better Living Through Typography" from the same TYPO edition "Schrift". Hoefler and Frere-Jones explain that outstanding type designs are seldom rooted in mood or vanity, but originate from a specific need, to solve a problem. Their strategies, in order to preserve the economic, human and environmental resources of their clients, are more important than ever before.
The funny thing about this video being posted is that it was requested on Twitter by Dan Reynolds and approved by Hoefler & Frere-Jones; the first time this happens. Of course we happily obliged. Yet I hope you understand we can't honour each and every single request.
All images:Tobias Frere-Jones (left) and Jonathan Hoefler (right) at TYPO Berlin 2004 "Schrift". Photo by Gerhard Kassner
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars