Hoefler & Frere-Jones' Talk "Better Living Through Typography" Added To TYPO Berlin VideoBlog
Hot on the heels of last week's announcement, Matthew Carter's TYPO Berlin 2004 presentation "Truth To Materials" is joined on the TYPO Berlin VideoBlog by Jonathan Hoefler & Tobias Frere-Jones' presentation "Better Living Through Typography" from the same TYPO edition "Schrift". Hoefler and Frere-Jones explain that outstanding type designs are seldom rooted in mood or vanity, but originate from a specific need, to solve a problem. Their strategies, in order to preserve the economic, human and environmental resources of their clients, are more important than ever before.
The funny thing about this video being posted is that it was requested on Twitter by Dan Reynolds and approved by Hoefler & Frere-Jones; the first time this happens. Of course we happily obliged. Yet I hope you understand we can't honour each and every single request.
All images:Tobias Frere-Jones (left) and Jonathan Hoefler (right) at TYPO Berlin 2004 "Schrift". Photo by Gerhard Kassner
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·The Future of Sex poster