FontFont Introduces Forty9 Magazine
I sometimes get the impression (pardon the pun) that printed specimens are on the decline. With the ease and accessibility of broadband internet it seems a waste of resources to cut down trees and pump carbon dioxide into the atmosphere to produce type specimens on paper. On top of that the cost for physically sending off brochures can be prohibitive for companies that operate globally.
The advantages of digital type specimens are manifold. There is no restriction on size nor page count, nor on colours or images – although detailing is limited to the resolution of the computer monitor at the end user side. PDFs can be made interactive and include direct links to additional information on the web. And file size is no real issue anymore, as current fast internet connections allow for pretty hefty files to be downloaded from websites.
Yet despite all this many type lovers keep clamouring for oldskool specimens, printed with real ink on tangible paper. Personally I also belong to that category. We've mentioned it before and we'll say it again – despite the ubiquity of text on the Web, most type was meant to be seen on paper. Ivo Gabrowitsch, Marketing Director of FontFont 49 release. Forty9 can perfectly be navigated and viewed on screen, but is specifically designed to be printed, with a page size that accommodates the paper size of common printers. As it is only printed by the user, no resources are wasted. It truly is the best of both worlds.
You can download the Forty9 Release Mag PDF here, or browse it on Isuu. Enjoy.
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
游客's review on Article 免费商用中文字体有哪些？注意下，新蒂字体已不能商用。
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。