Webfonts Week: An Interview with Simon Daniels of Microsoft
Webfonts Week continues as we chat with a guy who has been instrumental in Microsoft's focus on screen typography since 1995. Si Daniels was there for the development of Microsoft's Core fonts for the Web, the EOT format, and the ClearType technology and fonts. We talk about where he sees Web typography headed and I ask the question that's on the mind of everyone with a stake in Web embeddable fonts: when will Internet Explorer support the WOFF format?
Click here to watch the FontCast or simply push play below.
Header image:Simon Daniels at Microsoft's Font QA Class in Seattle, August 2007. Photo © Eben Sorkin.
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars