Webfonts Week: An Interview with Simon Daniels of Microsoft
Webfonts Week continues as we chat with a guy who has been instrumental in Microsoft's focus on screen typography since 1995. Si Daniels was there for the development of Microsoft's Core fonts for the Web, the EOT format, and the ClearType technology and fonts. We talk about where he sees Web typography headed and I ask the question that's on the mind of everyone with a stake in Web embeddable fonts: when will Internet Explorer support the WOFF format?
Click here to watch the FontCast or simply push play below.
Header image:Simon Daniels at Microsoft's Font QA Class in Seattle, August 2007. Photo © Eben Sorkin.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints