Typographic Horizons to look at type from every angle
A one-day event taking place in Birmingham next month aims to examine typography and the role it plays in our lives. The full line-up for the Typographic Horizons symposium has been announced.
Covering topics ranging from the future of type on handheld devices, the use of negative space in typography, possible future directions for typography as an expression of creative identity, and the role of students and junior creatives in driving type forward. Other sessions take a more experimental approach, coming up with creative responses to typographic concepts.
Speakers include typography experts – such as US specialist John D Berry and London-based studio Typographics, as well as type enthusiasts, artists, and recent graduates.
The event takes place at the Birmingham Institute of Art & Design on November 18. For the full line-up and to book tickets visit the Type website.
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System