[Unicode Announcement] Unicode Haiku Contest
Unicode Haiku Contest
Here's your chance to show what you think of Unicode-with poetry!
Enter the Unicode Haiku contest, and meet the bar set by the immortal Haiku:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.
(aka Blue Screen)
The tricorder broke
Communicator is dead
And my shirt is red
The winners are to be announced at the upcoming Unicode Conference, Oct 14-16 (but you don't have to attend the conference to win). The first prize is a myTouch 3G phone, sponsored by Google. (If your company is interested in sponsoring an additional prize, contact Magda Danish, http://www.unicode.org/reporting.html). All submissions must arrive by October 12, 2009.
Please submit your entry at http://unicode.org/conference/haiku.html.
Each entry should be 3 lines, with 5 syllables on the first, 7 on the second, and 5 on the third. You can enter as many different submissions as you want. Submissions are judged based on their relation to Unicode and/or SW Globalization, and most importantly, cleverness and whimsy.
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read