[Unicode Announcement] Unicode Haiku Contest
Unicode Haiku Contest
Here's your chance to show what you think of Unicode-with poetry!
Enter the Unicode Haiku contest, and meet the bar set by the immortal Haiku:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.
(aka Blue Screen)
The tricorder broke
Communicator is dead
And my shirt is red
The winners are to be announced at the upcoming Unicode Conference, Oct 14-16 (but you don't have to attend the conference to win). The first prize is a myTouch 3G phone, sponsored by Google. (If your company is interested in sponsoring an additional prize, contact Magda Danish, http://www.unicode.org/reporting.html). All submissions must arrive by October 12, 2009.
Please submit your entry at http://unicode.org/conference/haiku.html.
Each entry should be 3 lines, with 5 syllables on the first, 7 on the second, and 5 on the third. You can enter as many different submissions as you want. Submissions are judged based on their relation to Unicode and/or SW Globalization, and most importantly, cleverness and whimsy.
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer