In Use: FF DIN for The Onion
If FontShop's bathroom wall is any testament to our reading habits, The Onion is our news source of choice. The online edition of The Onion uses FF DIN for its navigation menu. It's tough to inject some style into so few pixels while maintaining legibility, and FF DIN's straight-sided construction performs well. It's a shame they aren't using it for the little green teaser heads as well.
The very bright Khoi Vinh and his firm Behavior are responsible for The Onion redesign. Read more about the transformation at Vinh's blog, Subtraction.
Behavior also overhauled The Onion's entertainment companion publication The A.V. Club, using Luc(as) de Groot's TheSans for navigation.
More recently, Vinh's work has caught the attention of another news giant, The New York Times. Vinh was just hired as the Design Director forNYTimes.com. We can't wait to see how he breathes new life into the Gray Lady.
Header image:FF DIN in use at TheOnion.com and TheSans at AVClub.com.
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。
游客's review on Article 设计师常用字体库和排版参考请问有打包好的吗？给我一个谢谢