In Use: FF DIN for The Onion
If FontShop's bathroom wall is any testament to our reading habits, The Onion is our news source of choice. The online edition of The Onion uses FF DIN for its navigation menu. It's tough to inject some style into so few pixels while maintaining legibility, and FF DIN's straight-sided construction performs well. It's a shame they aren't using it for the little green teaser heads as well.
The very bright Khoi Vinh and his firm Behavior are responsible for The Onion redesign. Read more about the transformation at Vinh's blog, Subtraction.
Behavior also overhauled The Onion's entertainment companion publication The A.V. Club, using Luc(as) de Groot's TheSans for navigation.
More recently, Vinh's work has caught the attention of another news giant, The New York Times. Vinh was just hired as the Design Director forNYTimes.com. We can't wait to see how he breathes new life into the Gray Lady.
Header image:FF DIN in use at TheOnion.com and TheSans at AVClub.com.
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
游客's review on Article Billboard.com这个Billboard.com网站的字体是啥字体
lwhzyn's review on Article HZ-GB-2312系统好像缺少字库，看看能不能下载
游客's review on Article 2017年设计师绝对不能错过的手写字体搭配的挺好看，这些字体是免费商用的么
¤月映丹心∴'s review on Article 毛笔字体进化论怎么下载法？
糖果's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体免费用吗
游客's review on Article 三星发布自主字体SamsungOne：全平台通用哪里可以下载三星字体