Jonathan Hoefler & Steven Heller On "Please Explain: Typography"
WNYC 93.9 FM and AM 820 are New York's flagship public radio stations,
broadcasting the finest programs from National Public Radio and Public Radio International, as well as a wide range of award-winning local programming.
Every Friday afternoon Please Explain – the weekly feature on The Leonard Lopate Show – gets to the bottom of one complex issue. The latest Please Explain is all about typefaces and typography. Typeface designer Jonathan Hoefler, type designer and president of Hoefler & Frere-Jones and Steven Heller, co-chair of the MFA Designer as Author program at the School of Visual Arts and author of the VISUALS column for the New York Times Book Review, explain how typefaces are created and why typography is important to communication and design.
Header Image:fStop 115.032, from Shall I Speak. Photographer: Brent Larson.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars