David Spiller shows type-based art
typography in his exhibition at the Beaux Arts Gallery in London, opening this Wednesday." />
Artist David Spiller shows what you can do with a little graphic design training, displaying a series of bold, graphic canvases with an emphasis on typography in his exhibition at the Beaux Arts Gallery in London, opening this Wednesday.
Spiller describes his own work as "about colour and space"; onto this he adds bold colour and stencilled letters, which he then disrupts with a series of scribbled words, figures, doodles and other elements.
For this exhibition, titled Tryin' to get to Heaven Before They Close the Door, Spiller mines his record collection, using fragments of lyrics--some instantly recognizable, others less so--to create a collection of works that is romantic, idealistic, and instantly cheery. He also taps into key icons of popular culture, using cartoon characters.
Spiller is a long-established artist, who cut his teeth at graphic design school in the late 1950s and was a key figure on the art-school circuit of the 1960s.
His exhibition at Beaux Arts runs from September 9 to October 3.
Click here for more details and visiting information.
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
游客's review on Article 免费商用中文字体有哪些？注意下，新蒂字体已不能商用。
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。