David Spiller shows type-based art
typography in his exhibition at the Beaux Arts Gallery in London, opening this Wednesday." />
Artist David Spiller shows what you can do with a little graphic design training, displaying a series of bold, graphic canvases with an emphasis on typography in his exhibition at the Beaux Arts Gallery in London, opening this Wednesday.
Spiller describes his own work as "about colour and space"; onto this he adds bold colour and stencilled letters, which he then disrupts with a series of scribbled words, figures, doodles and other elements.
For this exhibition, titled Tryin' to get to Heaven Before They Close the Door, Spiller mines his record collection, using fragments of lyrics--some instantly recognizable, others less so--to create a collection of works that is romantic, idealistic, and instantly cheery. He also taps into key icons of popular culture, using cartoon characters.
Spiller is a long-established artist, who cut his teeth at graphic design school in the late 1950s and was a key figure on the art-school circuit of the 1960s.
His exhibition at Beaux Arts runs from September 9 to October 3.
Click here for more details and visiting information.
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
游客's review on Article Billboard.com这个Billboard.com网站的字体是啥字体
lwhzyn's review on Article HZ-GB-2312系统好像缺少字库，看看能不能下载
游客's review on Article 2017年设计师绝对不能错过的手写字体搭配的挺好看，这些字体是免费商用的么
¤月映丹心∴'s review on Article 毛笔字体进化论怎么下载法？
糖果's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体免费用吗
游客's review on Article 三星发布自主字体SamsungOne：全平台通用哪里可以下载三星字体