Edenspiekermann Wins Two Red Dot Awards
Edenspiekermann's works for Hering Berlin and Utrecht City Theatre have been awarded with a red dot award for outstanding design. With more than 11,000 submissions from 61 countries, the international "red dot design award" is the largest and most renowned design competition in the world.
The jury, consisting of 18 international design experts, made a selection from a total of 6,112 works from 42 countries for the red dot award: communication design. A total of 471 works have been distinguished with a red dot award. The award ceremony will take place on 9 December 2009 in the gala hall of the Casino Zollverein in Essen.
Hering Berlin | Porcelain between purism and poetry
Hering Berlin is a porcelain manufacturer. Its purist form together with the highly individual combinable collection sets a new international standard. Edenspiekermann developed a new kind of image concept that shows the porcelain in unusual perspectives. The complex shapes and decorations of Hering porcelain come to life in the image brochure; blind embossing, die cuts, metallic paints and spot varnishes make the porcelain look as lifelike as objects can possibly get in print. There's also the 700-page product catalogue with the highest standard of clarity and design. FF Meta was used throughout both image brochure and catalogue. The work for Hering Berlin received a Silver European Design Award and an iF Communication Design Award earlier this year.
Hering Berlin from Edenspiekermann on Vimeo.
Utrecht City Theatre
previously reported on The FontFeed, the new identity uses a customised Agenda.
Utrecht City Theatre Identity from Edenspiekermann on Vimeo.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover