Post TypeCon2009 – Rhythm Identity And Quick Run-Down
Still not much coverage on unveiling of the TypeCon logo. The article TypeCon2009: Rhythm Identity reveals all about the application of the identity on a wide range of communication materials, ranging from print ads and conference programme over the T-shirt and tote bag to the commemorative poster. I quite like how they used the musical notation theme in the conference programme, and also how they kept adapting the morphing logo to accommodate for the different supports, finding surprising new variations an shapes. And again the star of the show is Benton Sans. In their own words
The broad styles and weight of the selected type family, Benton Sans, proved invaluable in the development of the program. Consciously formatted with typographic details the program strives to be as clear and easy to follow as possible.
Yesterday photographer Wes Sumner sent me a note, telling me he went to TypeCon last week. Because I had mentioned the absence of TypeCon reports on the internet he "thought [he] might be able to add a little. not so much a review, just a quick run-down." The mini write-up plus some pictures not included in the (still growing) TypeCon Pool on Flickr can be found on his blog.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints