In Use: FF Liant for Weleda
A storefront in Stockholm sports a logotype set in FF Liant.
In 1976, Ingrid Liche began designing what would be FF Liant Medium for the packaging of the natural cosmetic company Weleda AG in Germany. The face defined the corporate identity of Weleda worldwide, and because of the company's prestige, the look of the entire natural cosmetic industry.
Liche re-digitized the font in 1995, adding several ligatures and expanding the face to a three-weight family. FF Liant's lively forms are taken from nature, so it works beautifully on packaging for organic cremes and the like.
See also: Occupant Gothic
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·The Future of Sex poster