[Unicode Announcement] 33rd Internationalization & Unicode Conference-Program Online
33rd Internationalization & Unicode Conference
Features Sessions on Security, Open Source, Social Networking and Cloud Computing
The Unicode(r) Consortium announces the program for the 33rd Internationalization & Unicode(r) Conference (IUC). The conference, sponsored by Gold Sponsor Adobe, Inc., will take place in San Jose, Calif., USA; October 14-16, 2009. The conference program is available online here.
The program committee has created an exciting program full of new and cutting-edge topics that is relevant and engaging for the internationalization community. The three-day conference will feature a full day of tutorials followed by two days of presentations, panels and discussions. There will also be technology exhibits and demonstrations.
Highlights of the Conference:
Tutorials in Three Tracks:
An Introduction to Writing Systems & Unicode
Internationalization: An Introduction
Building a Custom Keyboard Layout for the Mac with Ukulele and XML
Arabic Script: Structure, Geographic and Regional Classification
Unicode-a Grand Tour
Web Internationalization-Standards and Best Practices
Building Multilingual Websites in Joomla [Drupal]
Creating XHTML/HTML Pages with Right-to-Left Scripts
Free Software stack for Unicode Text Rendering
Presenters come from such organizations as DecoType, Amazon, Penn State, Red Hat/GNOME, W3C, XenCraft, and Yahoo! Inc.
Sessions in Three Tracks:
* Session tracks are categorized by Programming Languages, Fonts and Typography, Unicode News, and I18n Standards News on Thursday morning; with Open Source Libraries, Assuring Quality, and Scripts tracks in the afternoon. On Friday, track topics include Development Platforms, Mobile Programming, Internationalization in Practice, and Leveraging CLDR in the morning; and Translation Services API, Bidirectional Text, and Case Studies in the afternoon.
* The following is just a small sample of some of the cutting-edge presentations that will be given at IUC 33. For the full program, visit the IUC 33 Web site.
-Emoji in Unicode: Cell Phones Meet the Internet
-Banking in the Cloud: Challenges of Internationalizing Banking Software
-Twanguages of the World: a Language Census of Twitter
-HarfBuzz, the Free and Open OpenType Shaping Engine
* Session Presenters come from such organizations as Adobe, Inc.; Amazon; Apple, Inc.; Casaba Security; DataDirect Technologies; DecoType; UC Berkeley; Google Inc.; HighTech Passport; IBM; Intel Corporation; Microsoft; Monotype Imaging; University of Michigan; XenCraft; Yahoo! Inc.; and Yale University
The Internationalization & Unicode Conference is the premier technical conference for both software and Web internationalization. Unicode and internationalization experts, implementers, clients and vendors are invited to attend this unique conference. The interactive format makes the Internationalization & Unicode Conference a great place to meet and exchange ideas with leading experts, find out about the needs of potential clients, or get information about new and existing Unicode and internationalization-enabled products.
Gold sponsor: ADOBE-Media Sponsor: Multilingual
The early-bird registration deadline is September 4, 2009; the hotel registration deadline is September 23, 2009. For full conference details and to register, please click here. Sponsorships and exhibit space are available; for more information on sponsoring contact Ken Berk at www.unicode.org/contacts.html.
About the Event Producer
OMG(tm) is the Event Producer for the Internationalization & Unicode Conferences. OMG is an open membership, not-for-profit consortium that produces and maintains computer industry specifications for interoperable enterprise applications. Our specifications include MDA(r), UML(r), CORBA(r), MOF(tm), XMI(r) and CWM(tm). OMG's specifications are all available for download by everyone without charge.
For more information about OMG, visit us online at http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf