Rising typography star Seb Lester to hold first show
Seb Lester--who has created faces including Neo Sans and Soho--shows type-based artworks next month in his first solo exhibition, at the Electrik Sheep gallery in Newcastle." />
Typographer Seb Lester--who has created faces including Neo Sans and Soho--shows type-based artworks next month in his first solo exhibition, at the Electrik Sheep gallery in Newcastle.
Seb Lester shows original artworks; limited-edition prints will be available to buy during the exhibition.
Seb Lester is a rising star on the type-design scene. He says on his website: "I really wanted to call my first show 'Tits, Arse & Hellfire', but almost everyone talked me out of it."
His works often combine highly traditional styles and letterforms with racy subjects for a tongue-in-cheek effect. The pieces feature an almost obsessive attention to detail, and all the sense of proportion and form you'd expect from a typographer.
The exhibition runs from August 6. See the Electrik Sheep website for more information.
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"